Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Projects and Lists

There are always numerous classes and projects it seems going on in the Scrapbooking/Paper crafting/Memory preserving world these days. I've got friends who are in so many different classes or groups that it's hard to keep track of all of them and what they all do.




A popular one for the last 5 or so years seems to be the Project 365, where you take a photo a day for a year. I tried it in 2008, when the husband and I were moving to Pittsburgh, but then I got to Pittsburgh and while I wish I would have continued it, I just kind of let it go. I tried it again last year, starting on my birthday in March and I kept up with it until the end of June but again, just let it go.

Another one I've done is Ali Edwards One Little Word. I did it 2008-2011, but after my blog disappeared in January of 2011, I didn't pick it back up. Something about losing all the work you had done over several years and having to start from scratch, just didn't put me in the mood to do it anymore. Pretty depressing, I know.

Last year, during the few months I did Project 365, I ran across people doing something called Project Life. The idea seemed interesting and maybe something I would want to do another year, so I put a pin in it (literally, I think I pinned it on a board on Pinterest) and moved on with life, living in my blissfully ignorant world where I thought that this would be the year I completed Project 365.

So, October and November rolled around once more and I saw people on Pinterest and Twitter discussing the upcoming new Project Life in January. I did a bit more research into it (i.e. searched on Pinterest) and I was hooked! This was the answer to all my problems. No commitments to take a photo a day, just take some and use other things to document your life? I could do that. I'm working on my January pages now and will hopefully have them up soon to share here.

This was going to be the only thing like this I was planning on doing this year, until last week when a woman I follow on instagram posted about 30 Days of Lists for March. Making a list, for 30 days, during the month of March? The month in which I turn 30 on March 30th? Well, yes, sign me up! So, I'm getting ready for that now, deciding how I want to keep all my lists and such. Look for that to be posted on here as well sometime later this month.

Are you participating in any challenges or classes this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment