Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


So, this weeks Tasty Tuesday is another simple, I-don't-even-want-to-think-about-dinner recipe, courtesy of the fine folks at Velveeta. Between me working a second job a few nights a week to help out a friend,  going to the gym and the husbands new, inconvenient (but thankfully temporary) schedule, we get home much later and want something easy, quick and good. Emphasis on the good. 

Before the husband and I moved in together, I never really had Velveeta cheese. Sure, once in a while my mom would splurge and by Velveeta shells and cheese, but that was as close as it got. So, when I found out that it was pretty much what my husband had grown up on, I knew that I would have to make friends with it, and fast!

We recently picked up a cookbook that was all Velveeta cheese recipes and this recipe jumped out at both of us, Velveeta Salsa Joe Sandwich.


Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef/turkey
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 6 oz of Velveeta cheese

You will want to start by browning your meat. I used ground turkey. Drain off any excess fat and put back in the pan.


Add in the cheese and salsa and cook over medium-low heat until the Velveeta is melted. 


And this is what you'll have! It might not look great, but it tastes wonderful. You can have it on sandwich buns or in tortilla's or even over nacho chips! Best of all, it is super fast, anyone will find the time to whip this together. 

Hope everyone is having a nice week and make sure to check back tomorrow to see the flower tutorial from the Mothers Day card I posted about yesterday. 

Peace out *g*


1 comment:

  1. I totally grew up on Velveeta... it was cheaper to buy to feed a huge family of hungry kids. I always remember eating a grilled cheese sandwich at a restaurant and wondering why it "tasted funny"... because it was American cheese slices, not Velveeta, which is what we used at home! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete