Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


Finally! A new Tasty Tuesday. I know this series has been hit and miss with consistency lately, and I sincerely apologize. My home life should be evening out a bit and hopefully I will be able to get back to posting something new every Tuesday. 

This week we are making...


Crispy Oven Fried Chicken courtesy of Tasty Kitchen


The ingredients you will need are:
  • 3 lbs. chicken
  • 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 2 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup flour

I love this chicken. I like to buy as much organic and natural food as possible and I love this chicken that comes from right here in Ohio. The cute cartoon chicken on the package doesn't hurt. He doesn't know the fate that all these chickens are meeting probably. 

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

















You will first want to rinse off all the chicken and pat dry. 



Now to get ready for the oven. First, I find it easiest to place your flour in a large ziplock bag. 



You will want to sprinkle the salt and pepper over all your chicken pieces and drizzle it all with olive oil. I just drizzled it all over the chicken and then tossed them all together to make sure all the pieces were covered. 

You will then want to drop a piece of chicken in your bag of flour, just one at at time, and shake to make sure it is evenly coated. Shake off excess flour and place on a baking sheet.


This is what they should look like right before you pop them in the oven.

About 30 minutes into cooking (it should cook about 45-55 minutes total), you will want to use a basting brush and brush each of the pieces of chicken with the drippings from the bottom of the pan or you can just turn them over. I did both.

The chicken should come out golden and crispy, just like if you had fried them the old fashioned way!

They were a hit with my not-a-huge-chicken-eater husband, so that speaks volumes of to me. The next time you are in the mood for fried chicken but don't want to go through all the actual frying (and want something a little less greasy), I recommend giving this one a try!

Peace out *g*







No comments:

Post a Comment