Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


Sorry for no Tasty Tuesday last week. I am back this week and with a fun new recipe that my friend Kai shared with me. 

Shredded Salsa Chicken!


For this you will need:
  • 3 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 jar of salsa
  • 1 packet of taco or fajita seasoning (I used taco)
  • 1 can cream of celery soup (you could also use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and then place your chicken breasts in the bottom. Mine were still frozen, but that's okay if yours are too. Saves the step of thawing them out. 


Sprinkle the taco season over the chicken breasts.


Next, dump in all the remaining ingredients, except the sour cream. You could also include a can of black beans. I didn't have any on hand, so I left them out. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. 


After it has been cooking all day, you will want to take it out and shred it. Mine was falling apart before I could even get it out of the slow cooker, so it shouldn't take much effort to shred. Once shredded, add back into the slow cooker. 



You will then want to mix in the 1/2 cup of sour cream.




Now yo are ready to feast, and feast you will! We ate it as tacos and on nachos and I may have been known to eat the left overs right from the container I was keeping it in. 

Thank you Kai for the wonderful recipe as I know it will be a staple now in our household. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely week!

Peace out *g*

1 comment:

  1. It is an awesome one that has been repeated many, many times at our house. I'm so glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete