Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday



So...in case you noticed, I haven't posted since the last Tasty Tuesday, and I am sorry about that. I started a post last night and then got distracted and well yeah. Sorry.

Anyways, here is this weeks Tasty Tuesday, I hope you like it!

Tangy Spiced Brisket, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen.


Ingredients:
  • Beef Brisket (the original recipe called for 8-10 lbs, mine was around 3, I think)
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1 cup chili sauce
  • 2 cups beef stock
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil



In a large skillet sauté sliced onions with olive oil over medium heat. You will want to stir them occasionally and until they are caramelized. 



Once are caramelized, you will want to add in the salt, garlic powder and black pepper. 



In a large bowl, you will want to mix the beef stock, ketchup, chili sauce and brown sugar.



Place the brisket in your slow cooker and cover with your onions and then pour over your sauce. You will then want to let it cook on low for 10 hours. I started mine at night before I went to bed and let it cook while I slept. 



This is what it was like when I got up the next morning. Mmmmm.

You will want to use a spoon to scrap off any large fat pieces. 



Move the brisket and sauce to a baking dish and cover. Let it set in the in the refrigrator until about an hour before you are ready to eat. 

Go ahead and preheat your oven to 300 degrees. When you take it out, you will want to remove any fat that has solidified with a slotted spoon. 



Take out the meat on a cutting board and slice in about 1/2 inch slices. You can take the sauce and mix it  in a blender to make the sauce smooth, or you can just put it into a bowl and mash up any of the onions. 



Put the meat back into your baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Cover tightly with foil and cook in the over for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. 



This is the wonderful, brisket-deliciousness that you will have. Just try not eating it all. I dare you. I did that with my husband and I lost. There was no brisket for left overs. 

Hope everyone's week has been going well, make sure to check back here as I should actually have some posts between this weeks and next weeks Tasty Tuesday. Promise.

Peace out *g*






No comments:

Post a Comment